Sunday 13 April 2014

New books

Phew! Two days ago I was coming to the end of 'After' by Morris Gleitzman (which is incredible, as are all the other books in the 'Once' series) and my 'To Read' pile was starting to look worryingly small. However, yesterday an order from Amazon arrived, as did a couple of books from publishers to review on the blog. I also went to Waterstones in Norwich and bought a a few books from there, and found two paperbacks that Mr Arden had very kindly lent me lurking at the bottom of my school bag The 'To Read' pile now has about fifteen books on it again and is looking much healthier.

The pile currently includes:

The Sacrifice and The Fallen by Charlie Higson- one of my favourite authors writing about one of my favourite things, zombies!

Doll Bones by Holly Black- sounds like a very creepy ghost story.


Shiverton Hall by Emerald Fennell- good reviews, liked the blurb.

Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell- this has recently won two very major book awards (Blue Peter and Waterstones) and could well win two or three more.


The Abominables by Eva Ibbotson- 4JB loved One Dog and His Boy so I'm sure they'll enjoy this. Anything by Eva Ibbotson is a pleasure to read.

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers- had a sneaky peek of this in Waterstones and just had to get it. Looks wonderful.


Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger- the film that was based on this book is one of my favourite films ever, so I have very high expectations of this.

Last Stand of Dead Men by Derek Landy- it's a Skulduggery Pleasant book. Need I say more?


The Dealer and Maximum Security by Robert Muchamore- these are the second and third books in the CHERUB series. The first book was great, I read it in a day, so these had better be as good Mr Arden!

Better get reading then. Going to try Shiverton Hall first I think.

Mr Biddle

3 comments:

  1. I've just finished Shiverton Hall and Rooftoppers! Both wonderful fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am Juhi from the marsh school in New Jersey I have read the book The Day Crayons Quit it is a very good book have you read it? bye please reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'v read the day the crayons quite to. Jay

    ReplyDelete