Friday 13 December 2013

Queendom (The Portal Series) by Dee Kirkby

This is my first review for our book blog and I am reviewing a good book. I think that adults and children would love this story because there are some really funny parts. It is about a brother and sister called Max and Laura. They behave just like a brother and sister like when Laura goes "Ewww Max, you're wearing the same shorts as yesterday." But the fact is that through the story they do help each other and care about each other.

When they go through the portal it's really magical when the toy crab Oscar grows real. Max is so dependable on his toy. The creatures they meet all have really strange names like joops and sluggers. The sluggers are not very nice at all as they want the cloud apples. One of my favourite bits is when Max and Laura get trained up to fight by the Commander of Peace.


This book is lots of fun to read and your imagination comes alive. I haven't read the other two books yet which are called Realand and Raffie Island but I will now. I would know more then about the magic portal. I think in the next book maybe Max and Laura's dad is going to go through the portal. The writer finished the story on a really good cliffhanger. I think that she has a crazy imagination and it's a bit like the Narnia books. The front cover has a picture of Oscar the crab but I would like to see Max and Laura too.

Probably if you are 8 or more you would really like to read this but I think you should Realand first.

Oliver W.

9 comments:

  1. I think this book is in our classroom Oliver so I will read it too. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan you should read it it is very funny and it is good

      Delete
  2. This books sounds fun Oliver. Thank you for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oliver, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to Queendom, and your comments have made me even more excited about starting to write book four!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking foward to book four I probely will read it

      Delete
    2. Hi Oliver, Thank you. If you ask Mr Biddle, he will show you the secret way you can read each chapter of book four as soon as it is written.

      Delete
  4. kristopher roberts14 December 2013 at 12:43

    super review . thanks i might read the book as well

    ReplyDelete