Sunday 30 June 2013

Horrible Histories (may include sad ending!) by Haiden Norman

Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated history books published in the United Kingdom by Scholastic, and part of the Horrible Histories franchise. The first titles in the series, The Terrible Tudors and The Awesome Egyptians were published in June 1993. As of 2011 with more than 60 titles in the series, the books have sold over 25 million copies in over 30 languages.
                                
Sad News
 
Terry Deary announced that the series would officially come to an end in 2013. The Daily Telegraph said Terry Deary was reported to have given up the bestselling series because he had run out of tales to tell.

Terry Deary commented in an interview, "If I had it my way, I wouldn't have schools at all. They don't educate, they just keep kids off the streets. But my books educate, because they prepare kids for life...It's outrageous, why don't we start telling children the truth about history? I hope my books do just that."

I really don't want Horrible Histories to come to an end because I absolutely love reading useful information.

~Haiden Norman~

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't like it at all if Terry Deary Stopped his horrible Histories, It tort me lots of exciting things about the past and how they acted compared to how we act in 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much of a review, but I just wanted to share the sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are right Haiden, it is a shame! I remember when the first HH book came out. Not sure if I agree with what he said about schools (and libraries!) though. What is your favourite HH book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite HH book is the Cut-Throat Celts because it tells me how they acted differently to us.

    ReplyDelete