Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Boy In The Dress by David Walliams

I was a bit reluctant to read this to start with, as David Walliams is a TV personality, and I think that sometimes famous people have their books published a bit too easily (there once was a pop star called Madonna...). However, because one of his newer books (Gangsta Granny) has been nominated for a prize, I thought I would give it a try. And I'm really glad I did because it's fantastic!!

The story is about a perfectly normal boy who one day, in order to impress a girl, goes to school wearing a dress. Everything is going well, until he falls in the playground...and all is revealed.


I enjoyed this book so much, I actually read it in one evening. It's funny, sad in places and very easy to read. The book is written in a style quite similar to Roald Dahl, with lots of 'Now reader, let's see what happens next...' type comments, but if you are going to base your style on anyone, I suppose Roald Dahl would be the ideal person.

I am now half-way through another David Walliams book, Mr Stink and I am enjoying this one just as much. He has four or five books out now, so I suggest you try and track them down.

Mr Biddle

6 comments:

  1. Hi im Ethan and this book sound really good this is a great one of your post s bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fello bloggers this book sounds really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to track that book down:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi im Taylor this book looks really good because David walliams is very funny and the book would be good to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for reading are book blog

    ReplyDelete